The City of Manassas has started a new arts initiative. You may have seen the train sitting next to the Harris Pavilion. In the near future, three more trains will make their appearance in the Historic Downtown. Would your business like to sponsor an Art Train? Here’s how:
- Sponsor a train for $1500. This covers the actual cost of the train plus materials and labor.
- Please make your payment to: Historic Manassas Inc. and it is tax deductible.
- The City of Manassas will purchasing the train and deliver it to the artist’s location.
- The artist or sponsor submits the image they would like on the train, and upon committee approval, the artist would paint the train accordingly.
- The committee will help match sponsors up with artists, or if the sponsor has an artist, that will work as well.
- The train cannot be used as a billboard to advertise a business, however the artwork theme could have a tie-in. The above train was painted by Creative Brush Studios, and has an “arts” theme. Absolutely no advertising on the train.
- When completed the City will put a brass plaque on the train with the sponsor’s name and website.
- The trains and the sponsors will also be listed on the art page on the city website.
- Social media will be used to promote the trains.
- The City will install the train when it is completed, and will work with you in choosing a spot. Businesses can consider having a train placed in front of their business or lobby, or can let the City choose the location for the train.
For more information, contact Kisha Wilson-Sogunro at 703-257-8240 or email@example.com